Canal Fun offers the most convenient cruises leaving from Ushuaia. For reasons of time and cost, the cruises that visit the Antarctic Peninsula during 10 or 11 day-long trips are the most demanded. Of course, we can also assist you in buying tickets for 12 to 15 day cruises that cross the Antarctic Polar Circle o those going for 20 days that also include Malvinas (or Falklands) and the South Georgias.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT ANTARCTICA
* It does not have permanent residents. During summer, it receives some 25 000 turists.
* At 14.0 million km2 (5.4 million sq mi), it is the fifth-largest continent. Antarctica, on average, is the coldest, driest, and windiest continent, and has the highest average elevation of all the continents.
* The continent has about 90% of the world's ice (and thereby about 70% of the world's fresh water).
* GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXPEDITIONS
* All passengers need a medical and evacuation insurance. If not included in the price, it is possible to acquire one online at an average cost of 40 to 60 dollars or euros, depending on the country of residence.
Small Boats: Ushuaia Antarpply (aprox 84 passengers) Ocean Nova (aprox 64 passengers).
Medium sized boats: Plancius (aprox 114 passengers) most of Quark Expeditions fleet (average 100 passengers)
Includes all meals. Beverages: Infusions and bottled water.
* All expeditions in any of the boats we offer include landings that depend on weather conditions. If optimal conditions are met, there would be 2 landings a day.
* All cruises offer lectures on board about different relevant topics that aim to enhance awareness and knowledge about the distinctive features of the White Continent.
* English is the official language on board.